Wednesday, February 23, 2011

why we do what we do

My current calling is Primary Chorister.

Primary Chorister = Bliss

On Sunday a member of our Bishopric, when announcing the rest hymn, said, "I've heard that the Primary children have been working on this song. I am excited to hear their voices." The intro started and a little one behind me exclaimed, "I know this song!" During the course of the hymn I couldn't help but smile as the little voices joined the congregation in singing with all of their might -


Hold to the Rod
The Iron Rod
'Tis strong and bright and true
The Iron Rod is the word of God
Twill safely guide us through


I came across this post, written by a fellow Primary Chorister. It describes almost perfectly how I feel about not only Primary, but my role as a parent as well. Sometimes I think it's so important to step back from the madness that is life and remember why we do what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment